Mr Mark Robert Campbell Keating
LLM, MTaxS(Hons), LLB
Mark Keating is a Senior Lecturer in tax at the University of Auckland Business School. He has worked as a legal editor for CCH NZ Ltd and authored many CCH publications and journal articles, principally on the tax disputes procedure, tax administration, and on GST. Mark has consulted on the Commissioner's statutory powers and the tax disputes process to Inland Revenue's investigations and litigation management units and to Crown Law. He wrote the leading text on Tax Disputes and is a regular media commentator on tax issues.
Teaching | Current
- 2014 COMLAW 301 Taxation
- 2014 COMLAW 311 Advanced Taxation
- 2014 COMLAW 740 New Zealand's Tax Base
- 2014 COMLAW 747 The Goods and Services Tax
- 2014 COMLAW 751 Tax Disputes
- 2014 COMLAW 749 Tax Avoidance
Areas of expertise
- Taxation, particularly GST, Tax Disputes and Tax Administration
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Keating, M. R. C. (2005). Deemed acceptance of taxpayers notice of proposed adjustment. New Zealand Journal of Taxation Law and Policy, 11 (4), 397-406.