Mr Tom Harwood Agee
Tom Agee is a highly rated teacher as well as a popular conference speaker and prolific writer. His column “One Consumer’s Opinion” appeared monthly in NZ Marketing Magazine for more than 20 years and was widely read by New Zealand marketing practitioners. In July 2004 he was inducted into the New Zealand Marketing Hall of Fame for his long-term contribution to marketing in this country. Prior to moving into academia in 1987 he served in senior management positions in marketing as well as advertising both in New Zealand and the United States.
He has been a consultant to major New Zealand firms and government departments including: Mobil, NZ Sugar, Lion Breweries, TVNZ and Public Trust, as well as an expert witness on advertising related cases for organisations that include Ministry of Health, Commerce Commission, and Telecom. He is regularly interviewed by local media on marketing related topics having appeared on Fair Go, TVOne’s Breakfast, TV3’s Frontline, NZ Herald, Sunday Star Times, The Listener and NBR as well as an interview on YouTube and his research on infomercials cited in Wikipedia.
His academic research is in the area of advertising effectiveness. His masters thesis was “The Effect of Television Clutter on Advertising Recall”. His research on the effectiveness of infomercials as a form of direct response television has appeared in both the American Journal of Advertising Research and Journal of Consumer Research. In 2011, his case studies on NZ Consumer magazine and website and Telecom XT appeared in McGraw-Hill’s Consumer Behaviour – Implications for Marketing Strategy 5th Edition, as well as his case on "V" Pocket Rocket energy drink in the Asia Pacific Edition of Integrated Marketing Communications with a follow up case on "V" in the next 2014 edition.
Tom teaches undergraduate, masters and postgraduate programmes including the Postgraduate Diploma in Business in Administration for the Graduate School of Management. His passion is conveying the importance of building long-term relationships with customers, the importance that service plays in the marketing of virtually all goods and services, and creating customer-centric organisations
Hobbies and interests
Tom has served as a director of the New Zealand Consumers' Institute, Auckland SPCA, Parnell Community Trust and chaired the Not-for-Profit Committee of the New Zealand Marketing Association. He has served on judging panels of the annual NZ Marketing Awards, Advertising Agency of the Year and Pharmacy Today Awards. He and his wife Margaret’s interests are in music, travel, their cats and their bach on Waiheke Island.
Research | Current
- Consumer behaviour in the marketing context.
- Television advertising clutter: The impact of longer ad breaks on advertising effectiveness.
- Case Study Research has examined both marketing and management related issues, particularly those facing New Zealand not-for-profit organisations.
- Adding customer value for competitive advantage, particularly as related to service quality.
Teaching | Current
2013 BUSINESS 102 Team Based Learning
2013 MARKET 710 Advanced Communications Research
2013 BUSADMIN 762 Marketing
2012 BUSADMIN 762 Marketing
2012 MARKET 710 Advanced Communications Research
2012 BUSINESS 102
2011 BUSADMIN 762 Marketing
2011 DIPBUS MKT 718 Marketing Communications
2011 DIPBUS MKT 719 Advanced Marketing
2011 MKT 710 Advanced Communications Research
2010 BUSADMIN 762 Marketing
2010 MARKET 718 Marketing Communications
2010 MARKET 719 Advanced Marketing
2009 BUSADMIN 762 Marketing
2009 MARKET 703 Marketing Communications
2008 BUSADMIN 762 Marketing
2008 MARKET 703 Marketing Communications
2008 MARKET 713 Marketing for Managers
2008 MARKET 720 Special Topic in Marketing: Services
2007 BUSADMIN 762 Marketing
2007 MARKET 703 Marketing Communications
2007 MARKET 713 Marketing for Managers
2007 MKTG 710 Advanced Communications Research
2006 BUSADMIN 762 Marketing for Growth
2006 MARKET 703 Marketing Communications
2006 MARKET 713 Marketing for Managers
2006 MKTG 710 Advanced Communications Research
- 2004 New Zealand Marketing Hall of Fame
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Carrie, D. G., Bowker, M., Agee, T., & Sima, H. (2013). Team-based Learning (TBL) as a method for flipping the classroom and delivering an active rather than passive undergraduate learning experience. Paper presented at Australia New Zealand Marketing Academy Annual Conference, University of Auckland, Auckland, NZ. 1 December - 4 December 2013.
- Agee, T. H. (2010). NZ Consumer Case Study. .
- Agee, T. H. (2009). Publicity Pitfalls - Pig Farming. Interviewed in New Zealand Herald. The New Zealand Herald.
- Agee, T. H. (2009). Tax Package. Interviewed in Christchurch Star. Christchurch Star.
- Agee, T. H. (2009). My God, MySky Is Great!. Marketing Magazine, 28 (5), 8-9.
- Agee, T. H. (2009). One Consumer's Opinion: Twenty-Year Retrospective. NZ Marketing Magazine, 28 (1), 8-9.
- Agee, T. H. (2009). The Old Recession Playbook Won't Work This Time. NZ Marketing Magazine, 28 (3), 8-9.
- Agee, T. H. (2009). Consumer's Institute Case Study.