New Zealand Asia Institute (NZAI)
The New Zealand Asia Institute (NZAI) undertakes research focusing on engagement with Asia, provides a forum for informed debates, and offers a bridge to Asia-related expertise and research within The University of Auckland.
Auckland is New Zealand’s most multicultural – and Asian – city, as well as its main business hub. The New Zealand Asia Institute is determined to actively engage with the challenges this presents, and to leverage the considerable expertise within the University to do so. It will continue to provide a bridge to understanding and engaging with Asia.
As a University-level initiative, in order to further understanding of and engagement with Asia it has sought to:
- Build the University’s leading national role in the study of Asia.
- Strengthen cross-faculty and cross-disciplinary cooperation internally.
- Establish and consolidate external networks and relationships.
DEPARTMENTS, RESEARCH INSTITUTES, CENTRES AND GROUPS
- Accounting and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Graduate School of Management
- Information Systems and Operations Management
- Management and International Business
- Research centres and groups
- New Zealand Asia Institute
- New Zealand Leadership Institute
- Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning