Dr Alan Richard Toy
Research | Current
Models for application of data privacy laws to online activity
Standards and methodologies of privacy auditing
Teaching | Current
COMLAW 315 Finance and Property Law
COMLAW 314 Employment Law
COMLAW 203 Company Law
University of Auckland Business School Excellence Award for Research Relevance 2018.
New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants Leading Light PhD Scholarship 2013.
University of Auckland Doctoral Publication Award 2013.
University of Auckland Doctoral Publication Award 2014.
Enrolled Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
Member of the Asian Privacy Scholars Network
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Toy, A. (2018). Coup de Grâce for the Employment Court’s Exclusive Power of Construction of Employment Agreements?. New Zealand Law Review, 2018 (2), 219-242.
- Toy, A., & Lau, D. (2017). AFFCO New Zealand Ltd v New Zealand Meat Workers and Related Trades Union Inc. Employment Law Bulletin, 2017 (1), 16-18.
- Toy, A. (2017). Generating Standards for Privacy Audits: Theoretical Bases from Two Disciplines. Journal of Law, Information and Science, 25 (1). Related URL.
- Toy, A., & Hay, D. (2015). Privacy Auditing Standards. AUDITING: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 34 (3), 181-199. 10.2308/ajpt-50932
Other University of Auckland co-authors: David Hay
- Toy, A. (2013). Different Planets or Parallel Universes: Old and New Paradigms for Information Privacy. New Zealand Universities Law Review, 25 (5), 938-959. Related URL.
- Gunasekara, G. N., & Toy, A. (2011). Principles or Rules: the Place of Information Privacy Law. New Zealand Universities Law Review, 24 (4), 525-549. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Gehan Gunasekara
- Toy, A. (2010). Cross-Border and Extraterritorial Application of New Zealand Data Protection Laws to Online Activity. New Zealand Universities Law Review, 24 (2), 222-238. Related URL.
- Toy, A. (2009). Consent to Online Privacy Policies. New Zealand Business Law Quarterly, 15 (4), 236-249. Related URL.