Associate Professor Lech Jan Janczewski
MEng, MASc and DEng.
A/Prof Lech J. Janczewski , (MEng - Warsaw, MASc - Toronto, DEng - Warsaw) has over thirty five years experience in information technology. He was the managing director of the largest IBM installation in Poland, and the project manager of the first computing centre in the Niger State of Nigeria.
His area of research includes management of IS resources with the special emphasis on data security and information systems investments. Currently he contributes to the project aimed on developing a tool handling Distributed Denial of Serve Attacks. Dr Janczewski has written above 100 publications presented in scientific journals, conference proceedings, books and chapters in books. In 1994, during his sabbatical he lectured at the Royal Holloway College, the University of London (UK), and in 2001 at the Faculty of Management, The University of Warsaw (Poland). He spent his last sabbatical (second half of 2005) at the Technical University of Trondheim (Norway) and Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elisabeth (South Africa).
His CV was published in Marquis “Who is Who in the World 2000”, “Who is Who in Science and Engineering 2000”, “Who is Who in New Zealand”, and many others.
|Information security and auditing|
|Problems of global telematic systems|
|Social impact of information systems|
Research | Current
Management of information systems
Medical information systems
Teaching | Current
|1986||2002||The University of Auckland||Senior Lecturer|
|2006||INFOSYS 340||Information Systems Project|
|2006||INFOSYS 341||Information Security|
|2006||INFOSYS 727||Information Security Applications|
Current no of students:
2006 Best Paper Award, IRMA Interantional Conference, Washington, DC, USA, May
Areas of expertise
Information secuirty policies
cyber crime, cyber war, cyber terrorism
|Chairperson, New Zealand Information Security Forum|
|Secretary, IFIP, Technical Committee 11|
|Scholl of Business representative, IT Forum|
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Ivaturi, K., Chua, C., & Janczewski, L. (2017). Impact of information seeking and warning frames on online deception: A quasi-experiment. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 57 (2), 139-147. 10.1080/08874417.2016.1183446
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Cecil Chua
- Janczewski, L. J., & Caelli, W. (2016). Cyber Conflicts and Small States Introduction. In L. J. Janczewski, W. Caelli (Eds.) (pp. 1-6). ROUTLEDGE.
- (2015). Editorial – 28th IFIP TC-11 International Information Security and Privacy Conference. Computers & Security, 52, 162-163. 10.1016/j.cose.2015.05.007
- Ivaturi, K., Janczewski, L. J., & Chua, C. (2014). Effect of Frame of Mind on Users’ Deception Detection Attitudes and Behaviours. CONF-IRM 2014 Proceedings Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Related URL.
- Herrera, A., & Janczewski, L. J. (2013). Modelling organizational resilience in the cloud. PACIS 2013 Jeju Island, Korea: AIS Electronic Library. Related URL.
- Janczewski, LJ, Wolfe, H. B., & Shenoi, S. (Eds.) (2013). Security and Privacy Protection in Information Processing Systems: 28th IFIP 11 International Conference, SEC 2013, Auckland, New Zealand, July 8-10, 2013. Proceedings. Berlin, Germany: Springer.
- Colarik, A. M., & Janczewski, L. J. (2012). Establishing Cyber Warfare Doctrine. Journal of Strategic Security, 5 (1).10.5038/1944-04188.8.131.52
- Janczewski, L. J., & Ivaturi, K. (2011). A cross geographic content analysis of social engineering security policies for online banking. Paper presented at International Conference on Information Technology, Systems and Management (ITSM2011), Kerala, India. 17 December - 18 December 2011.