Andrew joined the University in 2001 and since then has taught over 20,000 students in Information Systems. Andrew is one of our most engaging classroom teachers, and one of our most innovative teachers. His principal contribution has been in the development of new ways to engage and motivate students in large classes, taking advantage of technology to improve engagement and assessment practices.
Andrew currently oversees the Business Masters Suite of Programmes in the Graduate School of Management. This includes the Master of Management, Master of Professional Accounting, Master of International Business, Master of Marketing and Master of Human Resource Management.
Teaching | Current
BUSAN301 Data Visualisation
INFOSYS110 Digital Systems
- University of Auckland Business School Distinguished Contribution Award 2020
- Prime Minister's Supreme Award for Tertiary Teaching Excellence 2019
- Ako Aotearoa National Tertiary Teaching Award for Sustained Excellence 2019
- University of Auckland Teaching Excellence Award for Leadership in Teaching 2018
- University of Auckland Business School Teaching Excellence Award for Sustained Excellence 2018
- University of Auckland Business School Teaching Excellence Award for Innovation in Teaching 2016
- University of Auckland Business School Academic Service Contribution Award 2015 for Outstanding Contributions to the Academic Development of the University of Auckland Business School.
- University of Auckland Teaching Excellence Award for Innovation in Teaching 2012
- University of Auckland Business School Teaching Excellence Award for Innovation in Teaching 2012
- University of Auckland Business School Teaching Excellence Award for Innovation in Teaching 2011
Areas of expertise
Empowerment and Information Systems
Ako Aotearoa Academy of Tertiary Teaching Excellence
University of Auckland Senate : Elected Sub-Professorial Member
University of Auckland Teaching and Learning Quality Committee : Elected Sub-Professorial Member
UABS Learning and Teaching Committee
UABS Peer Review Panel
UABS Mentoring Group
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Eberhard, A., & Sheridan, D. P. (2016). The Transition to Online Marking in Large Classes. In S. Carliner, N. Ostashewski (Eds.) Proceedings. EdMedia: World Conference on Educational Media and Technology, 2015 (1), 136-141. Montréal: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Don Sheridan
- Eberhard, A., Tilvawala, K., Peko, G., & Sundaram, D. (2014). Engaging a class of 2200 digital natives a blended approach. In M. Bajec, M. Collard, R. Deneckere (Eds.) 2014 IEEE Eighth International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS) Marrakech, Morocco: IEEE. 10.1109/RCIS.2014.6861061
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Gabrielle Peko, David Sundaram, Khushbu Tilvawala
- Peko, G., Eberhard, A., & Sundaram, D. (2010). ENGAGEMENT: MASS CUSTOMISATION IN A CLASSROOM OF 600! INTERWEAVING OF PROCESS, CONTENT AND TECHNOLOGY. Paper presented at 2nd International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies (EDULEARN), Barcelona, SPAIN. 5 July - 7 July 2010. EDULEARN10: INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EDUCATION AND NEW LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES. (pp. 8).
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Gabrielle Peko, David Sundaram
Primary office location
SIR OWEN G GLENN BUILDING - Bldg 260
Level 3, Room 3112
12 GRAFTON RD