Associate Professor Alastair Marsden
Alastair Marsden has been with the Department of Accounting and Finance. He teaches risk corporate finance and finance for start-up entities. Alastair’s research interests are in corporate valuation, cost of capital, impact of regulation on financial markets and equity issues.
Teaching | Current
- 2016 Coment 708 Business Analysis for Research Commercialisation
- 2016 Busdamin 775 Financial Management
- 2016 Finance 751 Modern Corporate Finance
Areas of expertise
- Capital budgeting
- Corporate finance
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Abraham, M., Lau, J., & Marsden, A. (2019). Underwriting of Australian Dividend Reinvestment Plans. REVIEW OF PACIFIC BASIN FINANCIAL MARKETS AND POLICIES, 22 (3)10.1142/S021909151950019X
- Chan, K. F., Chhagan, M., & Marsden, A. (2017). Cross-border scheduled macroeconomic news impacts: Evidence from high-frequency Asia Pacific currencies. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 43, 37-54. 10.1016/j.pacfin.2017.02.004
- Murgulov, Z., Marsden, A., Rhee, S. G., & Veeraraghavan, M. (2017). Venture capital-backed and commitments test entity initial public offerings on the ASX. Accounting and Finance10.1111/acfi.12261
- Marsden, A., Murgulov, Z., & Veeraraghavan, M. (2015). Underwriting in the Australian IPO markets: Determinants and pricing. Paper presented at Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) Conference, Hobart, Australia. 5 July - 7 July 2015. Related URL.
- Abraham, M., Dempsey, M., & Marsden, A. (2015). Dividend reinvestment plans: A tax-based incentive under the Australian imputation tax system. Australian Tax Forum, 30, 435-453. Related URL.
- Abraham, M., Marsden, A., & Poskitt, R. (2015). Determinants of a firm's decision to utilize a dividend reinvestment plan and shareholder participation rates: Australian evidence. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 31, 57-77. 10.1016/j.pacfin.2014.12.003
- Gong, R., & Marsden, A. (2014). The impact of the 2007 reforms on the level of information disclosure by the Chinese A-share market. China Economic Review, 30, 221-234. 10.1016/j.chieco.2014.07.001
- Chan, K. F., & Marsden, A. (2014). Macro risk factors of credit default swap indices in a regime-switching framework. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 29 (1), 285-308. 10.1016/j.intfin.2014.01.002