Dr Grigorij Ljubownikow
PhD; Mcom; BA
Teaching | Current
2018 – Present BUSMGT 716 Strategic Capstone
2017 – 2018 BUSMGT 712 Business Analytics
2016 INTBUS 300 Firms Across Frontiers
2016 INTBUS 307 International Management and Strategy
2015 – 2016 INTBUS 202 Foundations of Strategy
2015 INTBUS 701 Advanced International Business
2015 INTBUS 704 Quantitative Research Methods
2013 INTBUS 201 Foundations of International Business
2011 – 2016 BUS 101 Business and Enterprise Fundamentals 1
2011 – 2016 BUS 102 Business and Enterprise Fundamentals 2
2008 – 2009 MGMT 101 Foundations of Management (Tutorials)
2018 Topic: A Pluralistic Perspective of the Motivations behind University and Pharmaceutical and Consumer Health MNC Alliances, Master of Bioscience Enterprise
2015 University of Auckland Business School Ph.D. Student Conference Best Presentation Award
2012 Academy of Management Business Policy and Strategy Division Outstanding Reviewer Award
2012 Waikato Management School Student Research Conference Best Presentation Award
2011 – 2014 University of Auckland Doctoral Scholarship
2010 Thesis and Research Publication Scholarship
2008 Summer Research Scholarship
Areas of expertise
Competition (competitive dynamics, competitive interdependencies), corporate strategy (diversification, mergers and acquisitions, alliances).
Faculty of Business and Economics Early Career Researchers’ Committee (2018 - Present)
Management and International Business Undergraduate Committee (2017)
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Benischke, M. H., Martin, G. P., Gomez-Mejia, L. R., & Ljubownikow, G. (2020). The effect of CEO incentives on deviations from institutional norms in foreign market expansion decisions: Behavioral agency and cross-border acquisitions. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT10.1002/hrm.22006
- Ljubownikow, G., & Ang, S. H. (2016). Firm and industry competition and diversification. Paper presented at Strategic Management Society 36th Annual International Conference, Berlin, Germany. 17 September - 20 September 2016.
- Ljubownikow, G. (2015). Competitive incentives and constraints with multimarket contact: Some empirical results. Paper presented at University of Auckland Business School PhD Student Conference 2015, Auckland, New Zealand. 1 September - 1 September 2015.
- Ljubownikow, G. (2015). The distinct effects of product and factor multimarket contact on competitive aggressiveness. Paper presented at Strategic Management Society 35th Annual International Conference, Denver, USA. 3 October - 6 October 2015.
- Ljubownikow, S., & Ljubownikow, G. (2015). Why do NPOs diversify? The limited applicability of insights from diversification literature. Paper presented at British Academy of Management Annual Conference 2015, Portsmouth, UK. 8 September - 10 September 2015.
- Ljubownikow, G., & Benischke, M. H. (2015). Multimarket Contact and Corporate Acquisitions: The Moderating Effect of Organizational Learning. Academy of Management Proceedings. 10.5465/ambpp.2015.15537abstract
- Ljubownikow, G., & Ang, S. H. (2014). Competitive intensity as a constraint on diversification and performance in technology intensive industries. Paper presented at Strategic Management Society 34th Annual International Conference, Madrid, Spain. 20 September - 23 September 2014.
- Ljubownikow, G. (2014). The effect of multimarket contact in multiple market domains on competitive aggressiveness. Paper presented at BAM 2014: British Academy of Management Annual Conference 2014, Belfast, Northern Ireland. 9 September - 11 September 2014. (pp. 8).