Dr Kiri Mamai Dell
PhD - University of Auckland
Research | Current
A Maori theory of Value: Developing a theory for Maori concepts of value in the economy
Whenua BEINGS: Raising the consciousness of Maori landowners
Nuka: Creating high value products from Manuka and Kanuka trees
Teaching | Current
PROPERTY 382 Maori Land Issues
MAORIDEV 721 Maori Entrepreneurship and Business Development: Te Whakapakari Huanga Maori
2009 Meritous Award - Dean's Senior Prize
2009 Beta Gamma Sigma International Honour Award
2011 Dame Mira Szazy Maori Business Leaders Award
Director 2018 University of Auckland Business School Māori and Pacific student Tuakana programme
Areas of expertise
Māori land development, Indigenous entrepreneurship,
- Member of the Academy of Management (AoM)
- Co-chair Native and Indigenous Caucus for Academy of Management
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM)
- Advisory panel for World Indigenous Business Forum
- Executive Committee. Nga Taniwha The University of Auckland Māori Alumni.
- Founder, Whuia ki te Ao, Māori Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative. The University of Auckland
- Editor, K.I.N. – Knowledge in Indigenous Networks, global online blog platform.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Essien, S. O., Baroutian, S., Dell, K., & Young, B. (2019). Value-added potential of New Zealand manuka and kanuka products: A review. INDUSTRIAL CROPS AND PRODUCTS, 130, 198-207. 10.1016/j.indcrop.2018.12.083
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Saeid Baroutian, Sinemobong Essien, Brent Young
- Dell, K. M. (2017). Te Hokinga ki te Ūkaipō: Disrupted Māori Management Theory - Harmonising Whānau Conflict in the Māori Land Trust The University of Auckland. ResearchSpace@Auckland.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Christine Woods, Carla Houkamau
- Dell, K. (2017). Stimulating creativity with the indigenous-effect for developing novel organizational theories. Paper presented at 77th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. 4 August - 8 August 2017. Academy of Management Proceedings. 10.5465/AMBPP.2017.11970abstract
- Dell, K., Mika, J. P., & Warren, L. (2017). Indigenous entrepreneurial ecosystems: A New Zealand perspective. Paper presented at The Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia. 4 August - 8 August 2017. Academy of Management Proceedings. 10.5465/AMBPP.2017.16725abstract
- Dell, K. (2016). Enabling indigenous prosperity: Unleashing the Maori entrepreneurial spirit. University of Victoria, Vancouver Island, Canada. 18 October - 18 October 2016.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Christine Woods
- Dell, K. M. (2016). Claiming and contesting the mana of haka through social media. Paper presented at Ka Haka - Empowering Performance Symposium, Auckland, New Zealand. 8 September - 9 September 2016.
- Dell, K., Lythberg, B., & Woods, C. (2015). The Entrepreneurial University: Space for the indigenous?. Paper presented at ANZAM Annual Conference, Queenstown, New Zealand. 2 December - 6 November 2015.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Christine Woods, Billie Lythberg