Associate Professor Lech Jan Janczewski
MEng, MASc and DEng.
A/Prof Lech J. Janczewski , (MEng - Warsaw, MASc - Toronto, DEng - Warsaw) has over thirty five years experience in information technology. He was the managing director of the largest IBM installation in Poland, and the project manager of the first computing centre in the Niger State of Nigeria.
His area of research includes management of IS resources with the special emphasis on data security and information systems investments. Currently he contributes to the project aimed on developing a tool handling Distributed Denial of Serve Attacks. Dr Janczewski has written above 100 publications presented in scientific journals, conference proceedings, books and chapters in books. In 1994, during his sabbatical he lectured at the Royal Holloway College, the University of London (UK), and in 2001 at the Faculty of Management, The University of Warsaw (Poland). He spent his last sabbatical (second half of 2005) at the Technical University of Trondheim (Norway) and Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elisabeth (South Africa).
His CV was published in Marquis “Who is Who in the World 2000”, “Who is Who in Science and Engineering 2000”, “Who is Who in New Zealand”, and many others.
|Information security and auditing|
|Problems of global telematic systems|
|Social impact of information systems|
Research | Current
Management of information systems
Medical information systems
Teaching | Current
|1986||2002||The University of Auckland||Senior Lecturer|
|2006||INFOSYS 340||Information Systems Project|
|2006||INFOSYS 341||Information Security|
|2006||INFOSYS 727||Information Security Applications|
Current no of students:
2006 Best Paper Award, IRMA Interantional Conference, Washington, DC, USA, May
Areas of expertise
Information secuirty policies
cyber crime, cyber war, cyber terrorism
|Chairperson, New Zealand Information Security Forum|
|Secretary, IFIP, Technical Committee 11|
|Scholl of Business representative, IT Forum|
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Salleh, K. A., & Janczewski, L. (2019). Security Considerations in Big Data Solutions Adoption: Lessons from a Case Study on a Banking Institution. Procedia Computer Science. 10.1016/j.procs.2019.12.169
- Ahmad, A., Whitworth, B., Zeshan, F., Janczewski, L., Ali, M., Chaudary, M. H., & Friedman, R. (2019). A relation-aware multiparty access control. Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, 37 (1), 227-239. 10.3233/JIFS-179080
- Janczewski, L. J., & Kutyłowski M (2018). ICT Systems Security and Privacy Protection 33rd IFIP TC 11 International Conference, SEC 2018, Held at the 24th IFIP World Computer Congress, WCC 2018, Poznan, Poland, September 18-20, 2018, Proceedings. Springer.
- Kolini, S., & Janczewski, L. E. C. H. (2017). Clustering and Topic Modelling: A New Approach for Analysis of National Cyber security Strategies. Paper presented at Twenty First Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, Langkawi, Malaysia. 16 July - 20 July 2017. PACIS 2017 Proceedings. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Farzan Kolini
- Ivaturi, K., Chua, C., & Janczewski, L. (2017). Impact of information seeking and warning frames on online deception: A quasi-experiment. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 57 (2), 139-147. 10.1080/08874417.2016.1183446
- Farzan, K., & Janczewski, L. J. (2017). Clustering and topic modelling: A new approach for analysis of national cyber security strategies. PACIS 2017 Proceedings USA: AIS Electronic Library.
- Zhu, R., & Janczewski, L. (2016). Typology of information systems security research: A methodological perspective. 2015 2nd International Conference on Information Security and Cyber Forensics, InfoSec 2015. 10.1109/InfoSec.2015.7435512
- Zhu, R., & Janczewski, L. (2016). A proposed framework for examining information systems security research: A multilevel perspective. Lecture Notes in Information Systems and Organisation. 10.1007/978-3-319-30133-4_4