Miss Margot Bowker
MCom (1st Class Hons), BCom (Marketing), BA (Italian)
- Over 5 years experience lecturing at the undergraduate and postgraduate level at the University of Auckland Business School.
- An experienced Marketing professional who has experience in communications, business development, and promotions to support successful business planning and drive sales growth internationally.
- International Business experience and skilled cross-border business executive with extensive travel experience in business and for leisure.
2008-2010: INTERNATIONAL AIR TRANSPORT ASSOCIATION (“IATA”), Geneva, Switzerland
Assistant Manager - Business Development & Implementation Support
2006-2008: AIRPORTS COUNCIL INTERNATIONAL (“ACI”), Geneva, Switzerland
2004-2006: GLIDEPATH LIMITED, Auckland, NZ
Marketing and Communications
Teaching | Current
Business 101 and Business 102
Business Administration 798: MBA Research Project Advisor
My role is focused almost exclusively on lecturing.
My approach to teaching and learning has three key strands:
- Leadership in the delivery of innovative teaching methods, technologies and content. I have continued to innovate on courses by applying TBL / Flipped Classroom approaches and utilising a number of innovative technologies. My goal is to be a leader in the development of innovative technology, meeting the nature and needs of our student cohort.
- Expertise in the process of delivering and evaluating the level of engagement in classes through the application of Team-Based Learning in all courses I teach, and
- Expertise in the development of new courses, with a focus on Team-Based Learning/Flipped Classroom pedagogy.
University of Auckland Business School Teaching Excellence Award 2015
University of Auckland Post-graduate Scholarship (Masters)
Senior Prize in Marketing (Undergraduate)
Undergraduate Coordinator - Marketing Department
Learning Technology Working Group
Semester 1, 2018:
Marketing 201: Wednesdays 12-1pm
Business 101: Tuesdays 3-4pm
Primary office location
OWEN G GLENN BUILDING - Bldg 260
12 GRAFTON RD