Dr Peter Zamborsky
DPhil, MSc and MA.
Peter specialises in international business, strategy and innovation. Prior to his job at the University of Auckland, Peter was an instructor at Harvard University and lecturer at Brandeis University in Boston, where he earned his doctorate. He earned his Master of Science degree from the London School of Economics. From 1999 to 2002, Peter worked for the Economist Group (a publisher of the Economist magazine) in London, UK and Slovakia.
Peter published in a range of journals in international business, management, business administration and economics. He is an editorial review board member of International Journal of Emerging Markets (Emerald Publishing). His research focuses on foreign direct investment, foreign market entry modes and global innovation. Peter co-authored Contemporary International Business in the Asia-Pacific Region (Cambridge University Press, 2019) and a number of book chapters and cases published by Cambridge University Press and SAGE Publications. He was quoted by Wall Street Journal and BBC.
Research | Current
Foreign direct investment (FDI) spillovers
Host country effects of FDI
Non-equity foreign market entry modes
Entry mode performance (JVs, M&As)
Asian-Pacific M&As and innovation
Teaching | Current
|2007||2007||Harvard University, Boston, US||Instructor|
|2005||2008||Brandeis University, Boston, US||Lecturer|
|1999||2002||Economist Group, London, UK||Researcher|
|2019||GLMI 703||Global Strategy|
|2018||GLMI 703||Global Strategy|
|2018||BUS 102||Business and Enterprise|
|2017||INTBUS 201||Foundations of International Business|
|2017||INTBUS 307||International Management and Strategy|
|2017||GLMI 703||Global Strategy|
|2016||BUS 102||Business and Enterprise|
|2016||INTBUS 201||Foundations of International Business|
|2016||INTBUS 701||Advanced International Business|
|2015||INTBUS 201||Foundations of International Business|
|2015||INTBUS 307||International Management & Strategy|
|2014||INTBUS 701||Advanced International Business|
|2014||INTBUS 307||International Management & Strategy|
|2013||INTBUS 724||Global Firm Strategic Management|
|2013||INTBUS 701||Advanced International Business|
|2013||INTBUS 307||International Management & Strategy|
|2012||INTBUS 306||Global & Regional Business|
|2012||INTBUS 307||International Management & Strategy|
|2012||INTBUS 701||International Business Theory|
|2012||INTBUS 724||Global Firm Strategic Management|
|2011||INTBUS 310||Business in Europe|
|2011||INTBUS 723||Global Business Environment|
|2011||INTBUS 724||Global Firm Strategic Management|
|2010||INTBUS 210||International Business Environment|
|2010||INTBUS 310||Business in Europe|
|2010||INTBUS 701||International Business Theory|
|2010||INTBUS 723||Global Business Environment|
|2010||INTBUS 724||Global Firm Strategic Management|
|2009||BUSADMIN 783||International Business|
|2009||INTBUS 310||Business in Europe|
|2008||INTBUS 310||Business in Europe|
Igor Ingrst, International innovation in Europe: Origin, location and motives (PhD candidate)
Ansab Qureshi, Once an MNE, always an MNE? Cognitive effects of multinationality (PhD candidate)
Research Associate of the Europe Institute
International Journal of Emerging Markets (Editorial Review Board)
New Zealand Journal of Research on Europe (Area Editor, European Business)
Europe Institute (Advisory Board)
Areas of expertise
International business, strategic management, innovation.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Zamborsky, P., & Larsen, M. (2019). Cross-border M&A motives and home country institutions. Paper presented at European Academy of Management Annual Conference (EURAM), Lisbon, Portugal. 25 June - 28 June 2019. Related URL.
- Jensen, C., & Zamborsky, P. (2019). Balancing to Utopia: Multinationals in Oligarchies. Paper presented at 47th Academy of International Business UK and Ireland Chapter Conference, Brighton, UK. 25 April - 27 April 2019. Related URL.
- Verbeke, A., Roberts, R. E., Delaney, D., Zamborsky, P., Enderwick, P., & Nagar, S. (2019). Contemporary international business in the Asia-Pacific region. Port Melbourne, Australia: Cambridge University Press. Pages: 503. Related URL.
- Gomes-Casseres, B., Jenkins, M., & Zamborsky, P. (2019). Profitability of joint ventures abroad: Explaining a new empirical puzzle. In F. Contractor, J. Reuer (Eds.) Frontiers of strategic alliance research: Negotiating, structuring and governing partnerships (pp. 322-336). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. 10.1017/9781108236188.020
- Larsen, M., & Zamborsky, P. (2018). M&A Motives and Home Country Development: Evidence from Asian-Pacific Acquisitions in Europe. Paper presented at Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management Annual Conference, Auckland, New Zealand. 4 December - 7 December 2018.
- Zamborsky, P. (2018). Global strategy: Thriving in a world of uncertainty. Toronto, Canada: tophat.com. Related URL.
- Zamborsky, P., & Kruesi, M. A. (2018). Global Hotel Alliance: Strategy Discovery Moving East. SAGE Publications: SAGE Business Cases Originals10.4135/9781526440044
- Liu, Y., & Zamborsky, P. (2018). LVMH: Is China still a New Market?. SAGE Publications: SAGE Business Cases Originals10.4135/9781526438836