Dr Winnie O'Grady
Winnie joined the Department of Accounting and Finance in June 2000. She was previously employed at Massey University as a lecturer in Accounting Information Systems and Management Accounting. She currenlty lectures in management control and strategic management accounting.
Teaching | Current
- Acctg 321 Strategic Management Accounting
- Acctg 721 Research in Management Control
- Acctg 722 Research in Cost and Revenue Management
Areas of expertise
- Management control systems
- Viable system approaches to performance management
- Adaptive performance management models e.g. beyond budgeting approaches
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- O'Grady W, Morlidge, S., & Rouse, P. (2016). Evaluating the completeness and effectiveness of management control systems with cybernetic tools. Management Accounting Research, 33, 1-15. 10.1016/j.mar.2016.02.003
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Paul Rouse
- O'Grady W, & Akroyd, C. (2016). The MCS package in a non-budgeting organisation: a case study of Mainfreight. Qualitative Research in Accounting and Management, 13 (1), 2-30. 10.1108/QRAM-09-2014-0056
- Biswas, S., & O'Grady W (2016). Using external environmental reporting to embed sustainability into organisational practices. Accounting Research Journal, 29 (2), 218-235. 10.1108/ARJ-04-2015-0063
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Sharlene Biswas
- Spraakman, G., O'Grady W, Askarany, D., & Akroyd, C. (2015). Employers’ perceptions of information technology competency requirements for management accounting graduates. Accounting Education, 24 (5), 403-422. 10.1080/09639284.2015.1089177
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Davood Askarany
- O'Grady WM (2013). Budgets Out, Weeklies In. Paper presented at 10th Global Management Accounting Research Symposium, East Lansing, Michigan. 27 June - 28 June 2013. GMARS 2013. Related URL.
- O'Grady W, Rouse, P., & Gunn, C. (2010). Synthesizing management control frameworks. Measuring Business Excellence, 14 (1), 96-108. 10.1108/13683041011027481
- Gunn, C., Woodgate, S. D., & O'Grady WM (2005). Repurposing learning objects: a suitable alternative?. Research in learning technology : the journal of the Association for Learning Technology (ALT), 13 (3), 189-200. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Cathy Gunn